We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
Vida Technologies provides Bakers Market Services and its features (together, the “Companies”, “we”, “our”, “us”) to you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all buyers and sellers (together “Users”) of Bakers Market Services.
Capitalised terms which are not defined herein shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service Agreement.
- How we collect your information
- We collect the information you give us via forms accessed on Bakers Market Services such as your name, address, email address and phone number (“Personal Information” or “Information”)
- We collect Information when you create an Account with us or purchase membership or subscription services offered by us
- We collect Information when you place an order with Sellers through Bakers Market Services
- We collect Information when you get in contact with us directly via email, phone, chat or by completing the online contact form accessed through Bakers Market Services
We collect your Personal Information when you browse the Site and when you use Bakers Market Services, for example when you place an order. We look at how Users use our Site to help us improve Bakers Market Services and as such may collect technical information such as IP addresses, and devices and operating systems used when accessing the Site.
- Why we collect your Information
We only process the Information we have for you if there is a legitimate reason for doing so under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your Information if we need to process your information to provide you with the Bakers Market Services, we have your consent or we are under a legal obligation to process your data. We collect such Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate Bakers Market Services
- To register your details when you create an account with us
- If you have given us permission, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing emails, calls, texts or letters with details of Bakers Market Services, or that of third-party goods and services which may be of interest to you
- To improve the effectiveness and quality of Bakers Market Services we provide
- To answer questions or provide other types of support
- To provide reporting and analytics, testing out features or additional services
- We may use your IP address to recognise when you visit or return to the Site
- To enforce contractual terms with you and for the exercise or defence of legal claims to protect the rights of the Companies
- To monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance purposes
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties we have contracted with to support the Companies’ business operations including storage, fulfilment, payment processing, email deployment and other data processing.
We use Stripe to process payments. Your payment information is governed by stringent data protection rules applicable to the payment card industry. You can learn more about how Stripe uses your data here.
If part or all of the ownership of either of the Companies is sold or transferred, your Personal Information will be transferred to the new owner.
Your Personal Information may be shared where we are required or authorised by law.
- Storage and protection of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored by a third party (“Amazon Web Services”) via cloud services with whom Vida Technologies have contracted with, to support the Companies’ business operations. The third party does not use or have access to your Personal Information other than for cloud storage and retrieval. We require the third party to employ at least the same level of security that we use to protect your Personal Information.
We maintain safeguards which include technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and destruction. We require the third parties we contract with to employ reasonable security measures as well.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breaches. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Retention of your Personal Information
We retain your data for a period of 24 months after your last order
- Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights. In summary, those rights include the following:
- the right to access - you can ask for copies of your Personal Information;
- the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Information and to complete incomplete Personal Information;
- the right to erasure - you can ask us to erase your Personal Information;
- the right to restrict processing - you can ask use to restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- the right to data portability - you can ask that we transfer your Personal Information to another organisation or to you;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your Personal Information; and
- the right to withdraw consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your Personal Information is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about these rights here.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information by written notice to us using the contact details set out below.
We may update this Policy from time to time, without notice, by publishing a new version on our Website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this Policy. By continuing to use Bakers Market Services after a revised version of this policy has been posted, you agree to comply with the latest version of this Policy.
- Contact Details